WORKING WITH DR. FRANCESCA LEBLANC
A departure from the traditional medical model, Dr. LeBlanc provides a clear, modern approach to your treatment which is divided into three distinct phases: The Initial Consult, Your Case Review and Ongoing Treatment.
THE INITIAL CONSULT
This is your first step conducted via phone or video call. Identifying the underlying patterns contributing to disease is the key to a successful and lasting outcome. The initial consult serves several purposes. It enables me to more accurately estimate how long your treatment program will last, what testing will need to be done to evaluate your condition very thoroughly, what it will include and how much it will cost. It gives you the chance to ask any questions you may have about your condition and what you should expect. And it provides an opportunity for us to get to know each other, and determine if our clinic is a good fit for you over the long-term.
The exact lab testing ordered after the Initial Consult depends on your individual circumstances, but may include:
- Urine hormone testing for adrenal and sex hormone status.
- Advanced stool testing to screen for parasites, fungal overgrowth, bacterial infections, intestinal inflammation, dysbiosis and a deficiency of beneficial gut bacteria.
- A comprehensive blood chemistry panel. This is the single most efficient, effective and affordable tool for quickly evaluating your health. It screens for a wide range of conditions, including several types of anemia; gut, viral and bacterial infections; insulin resistance and hypoglycemia; liver and kidney issues; and thyroid and adrenal problems. It offers important clues for how to structure and focus your treatment to get the best results. And it provides a baseline of biomarkers that can be used to objectively track the progress of your treatment over time.
- Additional blood tests for specific conditions, such as high cholesterol, hypothyroidism, autoimmune disease, and gluten sensitivity.
- Urine organic acids testing to screen for small intestinal bacterial overgrowth, fungal overgrowth, problems metabolizing fat or carbohydrate, B-vitamin status, methylation issues, detoxification capacity, oxidative stress, and neurotransmitter metabolism.
- Other tests may be ordered, depending on your case, which can identify other triggers like heavy metal toxicity and biotoxin illness.
YOUR CASE REVIEW
Prior to the Review, I will review your diagnostic outcomes and create a plan based on these results. We will identify underlying patterns that have been contributing to your symptoms; provide a detailed plan which will include dietary, supplement and lifestyle recommendations; in some cases not all, make recommendations for further testing.
The beauty of a virtual practice is that my patients can check-in with me from time to time over the phone or a video chat from anywhere. All they have to do is make an appointment.
INSURANCE COVERAGE / COST OF TREATMENT
Some recommended diagnostics are covered by major medical insurance plans, however, some are not. We only work with labs that will extend discounts directly to our patients to limit their cost, thereby keeping your out-of-pocket responsibility as low as possible. You will be informed of all of your out-of-pocket costs prior to any labs being ordered, etc.