If you’re anything like me, you’re always searching for natural, non-toxic skincare products that work. And let’s face it – finding ones that don’t break the bank is another challenge. But what if I told you that making your own ultra-luxe body butter is not only stupidly simple but also good for your skin, customizable, and affordable? Yes, babe. You reard that right! Here is my go-to recipe for my LUXE Body Butter. It will leave your skin feeling soft, hydrated, and smelling amazing. Plus, I’ll share some of my favorite essential oil blends for different moods.
Let’s Get Buttering!
First things first, let’s talk about why this body butter recipe is a game-changer. Shea butter, mango butter, and coconut oil are all-natural, nutrient-rich ingredients known for their moisturizing and healing properties. Unlike commercial lotions that are often filled with chemical additives, preservatives, and fragrances, this recipe only uses simple, wholesome ingredients that are safe and nourishing. Plus, you can customize it to your liking by adding your favorite essential oils. How cool is that?!
The Simple Method
Now, let’s talk about the method. You’ll need a double-boiler, which you can make simply by placing a heatproof bowl on top of a pot of simmering water. Here’s how to make it:
- In the bowl, combine 1/2 cup of shea butter, 1/2 cup of mango butter, and 1/2 cup of coconut oil.
- You can adjust the amounts of each ingredient based on your preference, but I find this ratio works well.
- Melt everything together, stirring occasionally, until you get a smooth and liquid consistency.
- At this point, you can add 20-30 drops of your favorite essential oils if you choose to.
- Some of my favorites are lavender, peppermint, eucalyptus, and tea tree, depending on what I am in the mood for.
- Stir well to combine.
- Next, transfer the mixture to a glass container.
- Refrigerate for about an hour or until it solidifies.
- Once it’s cooled and hardened, simply take it out of the fridge and use a hand-held beater or a stand mixer to whip it up until it becomes light and fluffy. This may take 5-10 minutes, depending on how creamy you want it to be. Be patient and keep beating until it gets the texture you desire.
- Then, voila! You’ve made your own luxurious body butter that’s ready to use- it is that simple!
A Few of My Favorite Blends
Finally, let’s talk about some of my favorite essential oil blends to add to this recipe. One that I’m currently loving is called Winter Wonderland, which includes 10 drops of White Fir, 10 drops of peppermint, and 10 drops of Vanilla. This blend is perfect for the holiday season or whenever you want a cozy and warm scent that’s both refreshing and sweet. Another blend I enjoy is Fresh & Sweet, which consists of 10 drops of Grapefruit and 10 drops of Ylang Ylang. This one is great for a pick-me-up or when you need a mood boost. If you like lighter scents, you can simply add a few drops of whatever oil you like best. Of course, you can experiment with your own combinations and find what works for you.
So, there you have it. Making your own LUXE Body Butter is stupidly simple, affordable, and fun. Not only will you know exactly what goes into your skincare products, but you’ll also have the freedom to customize them to your own liking. Plus, it makes a great gift for your loved ones, or it can be a fun and simple craft to do with your kids. I hope you give this recipe a try, and let me know how it turns out for you. And if you want more hormone hacks like this, be sure to let me know in the comments! Here’s to nourishing your skin and body in the most natural way possible.